Sunday, April 11, 2010

It was bound to happen...one day.

Its the natural order of things...
Its the natural order of things...

Little did I know it would be today.

So I was shooting some 13 and 18 piece instrumental bands last night, when the 50D started to do some funny things. First it started with the shutter button on the battery grip not responding, then the shutter button on the body itself wasn't responding... then when I'd half press it, you could visually see the aperture close ever so slightly through the viewfinder...all in all, quite a worrying thing to be happening. Especially considering I've got a wedding coming up this Friday, for which I need a body that works. So the time came when I would have to pool my monies, live off naught but noodles for the next month, and have a bit of a spend.

...and spend I did.

Walked out with a Canon EOS 5DmkII, Canon 17-40mm f/4.0L USM, and 2 years extra insurance on the body. But I figure it's worth it. I've really been getting back the passion and fervor for my photography recently, and I really want to get into some bigger commercial shoots, and assist on some and go back to TAFE/university and skill-up.

This is just another step in the road.

In other news...
Here's a few pics you may (or may not of) missed recently...(click to visit them on my flickr)

I know it, and you know it, so why can't you just embrace it?
I know it, and you know it, so why can't you just embrace it?

There must be a way out of here...
There must be a way out of here...

Hook, Line and Sinker...
Hook, Line and Sinker...

So there you have it, a quick wrap up on the latest happenings.

Until next time,
J.P

No comments:

Post a Comment