Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gaining momentum.

To die a thousand deaths in pursuit of that perfect moment.
To die a thousand deaths in pursuit of that perfect moment.

This is just a quick side note. More of personal reflection, but hopefully there might be some nugget of gold in here for you too. My photography is, on a personal level, in a really good place right now. I'm very pleased with where it is and where it's headed.

Metaphorically speaking, I've got a fire in my belly. The passion for the art is there, and it's burning.

I want to shoot.

I want to get out and take photos.

I want to travel to new places; explore here and there.

But above all, I want (need) to create.

After looking back at the plethora of recent shoots, I've noticed that my style of both shooting and processing has become increasingly consistent. Not just the style, but the presentation and the quality also seem to be consistent, if not increasing. which for me is a great thing to see.

Being introspective is a good thing every now and then. Re-evaluating past shoots and learning; seeing your progression.

And there's the nugget I think. Constantly look at where you are, so you know where you're going and where you've come from.


Stay sane and get some sleep.
J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment