Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Austentatious

R.I.P. Bob Marley
Austentatious


This is another local band from Brisbane, Australia, called Austentatious. They feature an excellent line-up of very talented local musicians. This band is primarily a Bob Marley Tribute/Reggae band, with the aim for coorporate work.

Here's a Lighting Diagram for my setup:
Created using the OLDC

As you can see, it's a fairly simple setup, but the real magic happens in Post-Processing. The quick and dirty version of my workflow for this images was as follows:
- Import into Lightroom
- Do a few minor adjustments (white balance, blacks, crop and straighten)
- Run over it with the spot removal tool and remove all the unwanted bits and pieces
- Export into GIMP
- Apply a Soft light, Screen, and High Pass Filter layer.
- Adjust the opacity of the layers until the desired look is achieved.
- Apply the watermark,
- Export/import back into Lightroom
- Upload.

I did say it would be quick and dirty. If you have any questions/comments about my workflow or setup, or about what I do in general, then please leave a comment below!


J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment